45 to 49 questions structured into 4 categories and 13 domains, to obtain a synthetic and detailed vision for each of the project management domains.
Based on and comparable to global best practices.
Evaluation of Lean development and engineering practices.
Number of questions depending on the type of industry; conditioned by a choice at the beginning of the questionnaire.
Questionnaire for evaluating project management in R&D and Engineering
Description of the questionnaire
- Needs: how are needs captured and formalised?
- Requirements management: how are its requirements used to define specifications, in what form and how are they monitored?
- Change management: how are change requests formalized, analyzed, validated...?
Supporting processes and tools
- Operational monitoring: which operational indicators are monitored?
- Financial monitoring: which financial indicators are monitored? Is there a project Business Case?
Project activity management
- Development stages: Does the project follow a standard step-by-step development process?
- Resourcing: how are project team members assigned to the project?
- Software and tools: tools to support the project such as a project monitoring tool or technical data management tools?
- Planning: Does the project use an operational planning with a breakdown into project tasks?
- Project team: how is the project and its members organized?
- Project monitoring: what mechanisms (meetings, risk monitoring, etc.) are used to monitor project activities and make decisions?
- Tools and templates: Are there standard and adapted documentary templates for the project?
- Subcontracting and procurement: how are the interfaces with subcontracting or suppliers managed?