22 production Planning and Work In Progress management best practices structured in 2 categories and 6 areas to enable a detailed view as well as an overview of practices
Two uses are possible:
- learn Planning and Work In Progress best practices
- evaluate the practices in relation to the best thanks to the online questionnaire functionality
Wevalgo focused model for Production Planning and Work In Progress best practices
Brief description of the practices
- Medium to Long Term planning: 2 best practices on how the forecasting and planning processes are defined and executed
- Short Term Planning: 4 best practices on how the schedule is defined and what is tracked
- Methodologies: 4 best practices on the key parameters are defined and documented according to the actual production characteristics, and on the planning and inventory management tools
- Stability Rates & Schedule adherence: 4 best practices on how the stability and schedule adherence rates are calculated and tracked
- Planning sequence: 2 best practices on how to optimise the planning chronological order
- Flows and WIP: 6 best practices on how the work in progress is minimised using techniques such as Value stream mapping, Kanban, CONWIP...
Example of usage for evaluation
Assess your production Production planning and WIP management to enable you and your team to:
- precisely understand Production planning and WIP management strengths and weaknesses through quantified data allowing internal and even external comparisons
- define new production Production planning and WIP management ways of working, trainings, or other improvement actions
- define targeted areas to monitor closely on production Quality management and Production planning and WIP management
- easily compare improvements and progress at different points in time
The best practices are accessible directly after purchase. In case of usage to evaluate the practices the following steps apply
- The service manager* can directly carry out an evaluation by answering the questionnaire (optional); steps 2 to 4 are optional depending on whether he/she wishes to invite other participants to carry out the evaluation
- If he/she wishes to invite other participants to conduct the evaluation, he/she proceeds to steps 2 to 5
- Otherwise he/she goes directly to step 5 of viewing the results
- He/she can still do his evaluation after the participants if he did not do it at the beginning
- Customisation of the service to the organisation by the service manager*
- Service name, title and introduction for the participants invited
- Selection of participants to the service
- Definition of dimension to enable analysis by organisation dimension (optional)
- Selection of anonymity option
- Sending of an invitation link to the selected participants
- Evaluations performed by selected participants, on the Wevalgo web platform
- Participants connect to Wevalgo web site thanks to the link sent by the service manager
- Participants answer on-line
- The service manager can follow up the answers progress status
- Results available at the end of evaluations on the Wevalgo website
* The service manager is the person who purchased the service.
Recommended participants for an evaluation
For the evaluation we recommend the following participants:
- Production manager
- A few workshop managers
- Finance manager
- Supply chain, planning, or inventory manager(s)
- In case of several geographical sites, a selection of each site and planning managers, enabling to compare the practices between the different sites.
In order to use the services, the technical environment must comply with the requirements below.
- Chrome: 62 and above
- Internet Explorer: 11 and above
- Safari: 10 and above
- Firefox: 45 and above
- Opera: 42 and above
- desktop or laptop usage, no mobile version
- Firewall authorising Wevalgo website
If you choose to use other browsers or settings other than the ones listed here, the site's pages may not display properly, and you may encounter problems that Customer Service may not be able to resolve.
These technical requirements apply to all the participants of the service.
Get instant and full access to reports as soon as evaluations are completed.
Gain multi-level analysis on several axis that can be explored in varied depths and dimensions through a user friendly results menu. A few samples of the results report are shown below
Visualise the performance and their drivers at a glance across all categories and sub-categories
Results by organisational dimension
Compare performance across your own, relevant and entirely customisable organisational dimensions. For example by geographical locations, departments, hierarchical levels or any other you see fit. Zoom in to breakdowns by category, subcategory and/or question
Results by evaluator and category
You can see detailed results to better understand the causes of your organisation performance
Wevalgo excellence model Results
Get valuable insight into areas and axes of progress thanks to our embedded Wevalgo model. Other analytical models may be incorporated, see key concepts for more information)
We have expert consultants on hand to build their own evaluations, assist you and interpret your results. Select the Expert Review option on the purchase menu.