67 performance management best practices are described.
They cover the two main managerial levels : site management and workshops or manufacturing areas management.
Two uses are possible:
- learn performance management best practices
- evaluate the performance management practices in relation to the best thanks to the online questionnaire functionality
Wevalgo Best practices framework for production performance management
Brief description of the model
The model includes 67 best practices structured in 2 levels and 10 performance management areas as summarised below.
Plant Management (site level):
- Performance Control: 4 questions on strategic objectives, management meetings and action plans
- Monitoring and coaching: 4 questions on the management methods of managers with their teams and the high frequency monitoring of key performance parameters
- Site Management Dashboard: 6 questions on how the dashboards are designed, used and updated
- Site indicators: 13 questions to check which indicators are used and how they are used
- Financial tracking: 4 questions on cost control
- Labour Flexibility Management: 6 questions on how to manage workforce flexibility
- Workshop dashboards and indicators: 9 questions to check which indicators and dashboards are used and how they are used
- Production data management: 10 questions on the type of measurements and how the data is captured and used
- Semi-Automated processes: 5 questions on measures and indicators related to equipment performance
- Visual management: 6 questions on how the visual management is used
Example of usage for evaluation of production performance
- precisely understand at what level of the organisation (site level, workshop) is applying best pratices on performance management
- define new production performance management ways of working, trainings, or other improvement actions
- define targeted areas to monitor closely on production performance management
- easily compare improvements and progress at different points in time
The best practices are accessible directly after purchase. In case of usage to evaluate the practices the following steps apply
- The service manager* can directly carry out an evaluation by answering the questionnaire (optional); steps 2 to 4 are optional depending on whether he/she wishes to invite other participants to carry out the evaluation
- If he/she wishes to invite other participants to conduct the evaluation, he/she proceeds to steps 2 to 5
- Otherwise he/she goes directly to step 5 of viewing the results
- He/she can still do his evaluation after the participants if he did not do it at the beginning
- Customisation of the service to the organisation by the service manager*
- Service name, title and introduction for the participants invited
- Selection of participants to the service
- Definition of dimension to enable analysis by organisation dimension (optional)
- Selection of anonymity option
- Sending of an invitation link to the selected participants
- Evaluations performed by selected participants, on the Wevalgo web platform
- Participants connect to Wevalgo web site thanks to the link sent by the service manager
- Participants answer on-line
- The service manager can follow up the answers progress status
- Results available at the end of evaluations on the Wevalgo website
* The service manager is the person who purchased the service.
Recommended participants for an evaluation
For the evaluation we recommend the following participants:
- Production manager or managers if different responsibilities
- A few workshop managers or technical area managers
- A few people outside the production function: sales or marketing, purchasing, supply chain…
- In case of several geographical sites, a selection of each site managers, enabling to compare the practices between the different sites.
In order to use the services, the technical environment must comply with the requirements below.
- Chrome: 62 and above
- Internet Explorer: 11 and above
- Safari: 10 and above
- Firefox: 45 and above
- Opera: 42 and above
- desktop or laptop usage, no mobile version
- Firewall authorising Wevalgo website
If you choose to use other browsers or settings other than the ones listed here, the site's pages may not display properly, and you may encounter problems that Customer Service may not be able to resolve.
These technical requirements apply to all the participants of the service.
Get instant and full access to reports as soon as evaluations are completed.
Gain multi-level analysis on several axis that can be explored in varied depths and dimensions through a user friendly results menu. A few samples of the results report are shown below
Visualise the performance and their drivers at a glance across all categories and sub-categories
Results by organisational dimension
Compare performance across your own, relevant and entirely customisable organisational dimensions. For example by geographical locations, departments, hierarchical levels or any other you see fit. Zoom in to breakdowns by category, subcategory and/or question
Results by evaluator and category
You can see detailed results to better understand the causes of your organisation performance
We have expert consultants on hand to build their own evaluations, assist you and interpret your results. Select the Expert Review option on the purchase menu.