26 best practices on planning and priority management of maintenance work, with a breakdown into 2 domains and 6 sub-domains, to get a synthetic and detailed view.
Two uses are possible:
- learn planning and priority management best practices
- assess maintenance management practices against world performers thanks to the online questionnaire functionality
Wevalgo Best practice Maintenance Model on planning and priority management
The model provides an in-depth knowledge of planning and priority-setting practices in the following areas:
- Daily planning: definition and communication, inclusion of preventive and corrective actions, validation of pre-requisites, cooperation with production, availability on time, order of intervention, replacement operations
- Weekly planning: 5-14 day planning horizon, job duration, planning review with production, workload simulation
- Mid-term planning: definition and content, coomunication and sharing, workload estimation
- Planned shutdowns: procedure definition, usage of detailed schedule, documented timing, critical path, start-up procedure, roles and responsibilities, SMED techniques
- Planning ratio: proportion of planned operations in 24 hours or in total, completion rate
- Priorities and rules application: priority review and validation process, compliance, effectiveness
Example of usage for evaluation
Get a in-depth and detail assessment of your maintenance planning and priority management and practices to enable you and your team to:
- precisely understand maintenance planning and priority management strengths and weaknesses through quantified data allowing internal and even external comparisons
- define new production maintenance planning and priority management ways of working, trainings, or other improvement actions
- define targeted areas to monitor closely on maintenance planning and priority management
- easily compare improvements and progress at different points in time
The best practices are accessible directly after purchase. In case of usage to evaluate the practices the following steps apply
- The service manager* can directly carry out an evaluation by answering the questionnaire (optional); steps 2 to 4 are optional depending on whether he/she wishes to invite other participants to carry out the evaluation
- If he/she wishes to invite other participants to conduct the evaluation, he/she proceeds to steps 2 to 5
- Otherwise he/she goes directly to step 5 of viewing the results
- He/she can still do his evaluation after the participants if he did not do it at the beginning
- Customisation of the service to the organisation by the service manager*
- Service name, title and introduction for the participants invited
- Selection of participants to the service
- Definition of dimension to enable analysis by organisation dimension (optional)
- Selection of anonymity option
- Sending of an invitation link to the selected participants
- Evaluations performed by selected participants, on the Wevalgo web platform
- Participants connect to Wevalgo web site thanks to the link sent by the service manager
- Participants answer on-line
- The service manager can follow up the answers progress status
- Results available at the end of evaluations on the Wevalgo website
* The service manager is the person who purchased the service.
Recommended participants for an evaluation
For the evaluation we recommend the following participants:
- The Production site director
- The site production and maintenance managers
- A selection of key production managers or experts, knowledgeable of the maintenance operations, in particular the autonomous maintenance, the work-order process and the common meetings with maintenance
- The production planning manager
- In case of several geographical sites, a selection of each site managers, enabling to compare the practices between the different sites.
In order to use the services, the technical environment must comply with the requirements below.
- Chrome: 62 and above
- Internet Explorer: 11 and above
- Safari: 10 and above
- Firefox: 45 and above
- Opera: 42 and above
- desktop or laptop usage, no mobile version
- Firewall authorising Wevalgo website
If you choose to use other browsers or settings other than the ones listed here, the site's pages may not display properly, and you may encounter problems that Customer Service may not be able to resolve.
These technical requirements apply to all the participants of the service.
Get instant and full access to reports as soon as evaluations are completed.
Gain multi-level analysis on several axis that can be explored in varied depths and dimensions through a user friendly results menu. A few samples of the results report are shown below
Visualise the performance and their drivers at a glance across all categories and sub-categories
Results by organisational dimension
Compare performance across your own, relevant and entirely customisable organisational dimensions. For example by geographical locations, departments, hierarchical levels or any other you see fit. Zoom in to breakdowns by category, subcategory and/or question
Results by evaluator and category
You can see detailed results to better understand the causes of your organisation performance
To see a full example of report result,
We have expert consultants on hand to build their own evaluations, assist you and interpret your results. Select the Expert Review option on the purchase menu.