35 best practices on daily maintenance management, with a breakdown in 3 areas and 7 subareas, to get a picture both at a high and a detailed level.
Wevalgo Maintenance Daily operations management best practices standard
Brief description of the Wevalgo standard
Standard operating procedures (SOP)
- Standard procedures for corrective and preventive measures: 7 best practices (for each area, preventive and corrective) about how the Maintenance operations are documented in standardised procedures, if there are standard times defined and regularly monitored, if they are adapted to the task complexity and easily accessible...
- 5S : 3 best practices on the 5S approach; if it is defined, communicated and used with reviews and KPIs; if some foolproof or gabarits are used
Data and CMMS
- Work request content: 4 best practices on how the work orders are described, what type of information they include, how they are edited and recorded into a CMMS system (or not)
- Work order system: 6 best practices on work order process; how is it defined and documented, what type of work orders are in the scope, what type of status they may have and how it is updated
- Technical data management:3 best practices on how the equipment, machines or parts are documented using a hierarchical tree structure
- Computer Maintenance Management System (CMMS): 8 best practices on the CMMS starting by its existence and level of maturity (paper, excel, full software...); but also on what proportion of work orders are entered into it, is it used for spare parts, for cost management...
Example of usage for evaluation
Get a detail assessment of your maintenance operations management and practices to enable you and your team to:
- precisely understand maintenance operations management strengths and weaknesses through quantified data allowing internal and even external comparisons
- define new production maintenance operations management ways of working, trainings, or other improvement actions
- define targeted areas to monitor closely onmaintenance operations management
- easily compare improvements and progress at different points in time