Leadership evaluation Highlights
Our Leadership evaluation model is based on scientific theories developed and validated by leading experts, adapted to the modern business world.
Our assessment model is one of the few, if not the only one, that clearly assesses the two fundamental aspects of Leadership: Style and Quality. Most only assess the Leadership Style, or mix the two concepts without much differentiation.
Our assessment model consists of 56 questions that clearly separate these two dimensions:
- Leadership style: what is your predominant style between Commitment, Soft Consensus, Laissez-faire, Autocracy?
- Leadership qualities: do you perform by providing "innovative quality" and "energising communication" with the right level of expectations ?
Our evaluation model will give you precise and practical guidance by measuring your leadership performance according to five key managerial situations: defining vision and structure of the organisation, managing activities and steering organisation performance, introducing Innovation & change, managing difficult situations, managing direct reports individual performance
Scientific concepts on which our Leadership assessment model is based
A modern and pragmatic model
There are many Leadership studies and theories : transactional leadership, the trait theory. Thanks to the our experts in psychology and our our strong experience in business and change management. We have been able to develop a model of leadership that is a best of bread,. We mainly used the "Managerial Grid" of Blake and Mouton (1964), the "Transformational Leadership" developed by Bernard Bass (1985) and we adapted them to different "managerial situations", as studied in the "Situational theory" (based on the work of Paul Hersey and Kenneth Blanchard). Our model adapts these theories as following :
- The two dimensions of the managerial grid are adapted in two ways
- The dimension "importance of human relations" is all the more relevant as it is applied to the involvement of individuals in the organisation's thinking, decisions and construction of solutions; we have adapted the questions and renamed the dimension "involvement of individuals".
- The dimension "importance of production" is adapted to the context of the Leader's personal commitment, which allows a better understanding of the notions of leadership, decision-making and the role model of leadership; we have adapted the questions and renamed the dimension "Leader involvement".
- We assess the characteristics of the 'Transformational Leader' and not the effects of these characteristics on individuals (idealised influence, inspired motivation, intellectual stimulation, individualised consideration). The first are in fact what we really want to evaluate in a leader, the second are more elements that allow us to verify the theory or the expected impact.
- We have made these different models more actionable and concrete, consolidating and using them in typical managerial situations.
Our 1-3-5TM Leadership style and quality
Our 1-3-5TM Leadership evaluation model
allows you to make a complete, pragmatic assessment and to identify very clear and actionable levers for progress:
1 : Your Leadership Style
3 : Your three Leadership Qualities
5 : Application of the Leadership style and quality to the five management situations: Vision and structure, Activity and performance steering, Innovation and change, Difficult situations handling and individual performance management.
The Four Leadership Styles and the Magic Quadrant
You will be evaluated against 4 typical styles and positioned in the following matrix according to :
- your level of involvement in managerial activities, from totally involved to totally passive
- the way in which you involve other people and take care of them, from totally involved with empathy to totally ignored
Although each style can be effective depending on the work environment or situations, the most effective style on average is the "Participative Engagement" style. This is the Transformational Leader Magic Quadrant.
The three Leadership Qualities
Our assessment measures your performance on three key leadership criteria
- Innovative quality: technical competence, proposal of ideas or solutions of very good quality (pragmatic, robust, simple, etc.), innovative and adapted to each situation.
- Energising communication: communication with a clear and appropriate message, with passion but calm, at the right times and in a consistent manner over time
- Right expectations: ambitious and demanding, for yourself and others, while remaining reliable and fair with others
The five managerial situations
Our long experience of consulting in organisation and management in all types of industries and countries has enabled us to identify five key activities of a Leader:
- Defining Vision and Structure of the organisation: Define the organization's vision and long-term objectives, define short-term objectives, define and clarify work methods (organizational structure, processes and methods, systems and tools)
- Managing Activities and steering organisation performance: Planning and coordination of activities, review of organizational performance (plans and achievement of results), decision making and priority setting, problem solving
- Introducing Innovation & change: introducing and managing innovation, improving or developing new working methods
- Managing difficult situations: managing crisis situations or highly uncertain situations, managing conflicts between employees and managers
- Managing direct reports individual performance: provide feedback and evaluate individual performance, define development plans and support individuals, make decisions about employees
The best practices are accessible directly after purchase. In case of usage to evaluate the practices the following steps apply
- Self-evaluation by filling up the online questionnaire
- Invitation of the selected participants who will evaluate you
- Filling up of the details of the participants who will evaluate you: names, emails and type of hierarchical relationship between you and them (superior, peer or collaborator)
- Sending of an invitation link (automatically generated) to the selected participants
- Evaluations performed by selected participants, on the Wevalgo web platform
- Participants connect to Wevalgo web site thanks to the link sent by the service manager
- Participants answer on-line; you can follow up the answers progress status
- Results available at the end of evaluations on the Wevalgo website
Recommended participants for an evaluation
For the evaluation we recommend the following participants:
- A few colleagues or peers
- You manager
- A few reports if you manage people
- A few managers above your level if they have good knowledge of your activities
In order to use the services, the technical environment must comply with the requirements below.
- Chrome: 62 and above
- Internet Explorer: 11 and above
- Safari: 10 and above
- Firefox: 45 and above
- Opera: 42 and above
- desktop or laptop usage, no mobile version
- Firewall authorising Wevalgo website
If you choose to use other browsers or settings other than the ones listed here, the site's pages may not display properly, and you may encounter problems that Customer Service may not be able to resolve.
These technical requirements apply to all the participants of the service.
Get instant and full access to reports as soon as evaluations are completed.
Gain multi-level analysis on several axis that can be explored in varied depths and dimensions through a user friendly results menu. A few samples of the results report are shown below
'Four Quadrants' matrix results
Results that allow to visualise the distribution of the scores on the four dimensions and if the final result is in the 'Magic Quadrant' at the top right
Visualise the performance and their drivers at a glance across all categories and sub-categories
Results by evaluator and category
You can see detailed results to better understand the causes of your organisation performance
Wevalgo excellence model Results
Get valuable insight into areas and axes of progress thanks to our embedded Wevalgo model. Other analytical models may be incorporated, see key concepts for more information)
We have expert consultants on hand to build their own evaluations, assist you and interpret your results. Select the Expert Review option on the purchase menu.