Two uses are possible:
- learn performance management best practices
- assess performance management practices and style against world performers thanks to the online questionnaire functionality
The best practices or evaluation consist of two parts
- Organisation Governance drivers: 60 practices structured in 6 categories and 16 areas, enabling to identify strengths and improvement opportunities in a detailed and a consolidated view
- Organisation Governance style: questions to evaluate the style of your Governance
The Organisation Governance drivers model
The model includes best practices on the following elements:
- Steering – including Vision, objective setting, KPI’s and general performance management; mainly the PDCA 'Plan'
- Driving – including action taking, decision making and priorities setting; mainly the PDCA 'Do'
- Analysing – including Data reporting and Root cause analysis; mainly the PDCA 'Check'
- Improving - including improvement and continuous development; mainly the PDCA 'Act'
- Meeting – including management meeting structure, focus and context
The Organisation Governance style model
The Governance style looks at what is the governance main style among four dimensions:
- Engagement: a balanced style, top-down, bottom-up and horizontal
- Discussion: mainly bottom up and horizontal style
- Autonomy: scarce communication and engagement between the top management and the operational teams
- Directive: mainly top-down style
Our model assesses the governance style in four main areas related to Governance and performance management:
- Communication: how are the general communication and the interaction between the management and operational teams performed?
- Performance and improvement: how are the improvement initiatives or projects driven? How are the KPIs and the management reports managed?
- Management meetings: how are they managed and coordinated?