The evaluation consists of 20 questions divided into 3 categories and 7 sub-categories to provide a macroscopic and detailed view.
A question at the beginning of the evaluation allows the questionnaire to adapt the questions to the type of deployment:
- either to the deployment of the strategy from top management towards the entire organisation
- either to a deployment of significant changes (restructuring, transformation program, merger-acquisition)
The questions are also associated with specific levers of the deployment method: Definition, Analysis, Participation, Implementation, PDCA
This evaluation is an improved Hoshin Kanri method to better take into account the participatory aspect and encourage more long-term initiatives.
The Breakthough deployment model
Brief description of the evaluation questionnaire
The questionnaire follows the 7 steps of the deployment process by grouping these steps into major phases:
From vision to objectives:
- Define the vision: Define the vision or mission in a way that is clear, meaningful and easily communicated,
- Analyze the existing situation: strategic or internal analysis of the organization to support strategic choices or long-term objectives
- Define long-term objectives: are the priorities logically structured and are the objectives SMART?
Deployment and implementation
- Deploy long-term objectives and priorities: Is the deployment process participatory ("catchball" type) and does it promote alignment with long-term and annual objectives?
- Implement the annual objectives: is implementation accompanied by a programme, projects and successful operational integration?
- Tactically review (PDCA): Do Plan-Do-Check-Act loops at the organizational entity level allow for effective deployment with the implementation of the right corrective actions?
- Strategic review (PDCA): Do Plan-Do-Check-Act loops at the branch or program level allow for effective deployment with the implementation of the right corrective actions?
Analysis of action levers
An additional analysis is carried out according to the following 5 levers:
- Definition: definition of the vision, mission and objectives
- Analysis: initial analyses to define priorities and objectives and analyses in organisational units to understand gaps
- Participation: use of a participatory process at the time of deployment
- Implementation: management of implementation at programme, project and operational levels
- PDCA cycles: using PDCA cycles